Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 06 F7 EFI and when ur riding along it has some hesitation or studder when you pin on it. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a 05 F7 carb, it will studder when I pin it after comming out of woods. If I keep the rpms up in the woods it doesn't seem as bad when I punch it . Some people have told me it needs smaller jets while others have said I need to adjust the oil injection pump. If anyone knows for sure please let me know. I cant afford to make my sled a guinea pig.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Same issue here. Once its cleared out it flys. Hope to find out soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same issue, 03 F5 carb. I don't have a problem at WOT, but a periodic hesitation at part throttle. Seems like an electrical miss on mine, but I can't find any frayed wires. Maybe a coil going bad or power valves cycling at lower rpm? I agree, I don't want to spend a ton of money chasing this but it is annoying.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I had the same problem with my F7. It was the result of too much oil. Once I tuned in the oil pump it went away. Not saying this is your problem, but thats what fixed mine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
do you guy's have v-force3 reeds?
I had the same prob with my f7 then i put speedwerks head on and helix 50/38 then it was so fast and awsome. Cat happy

·
Registered
1 Posts
totally agree with v-forc3 reeds makes huge differance i have a 05 f7 that was a little boggy tell i put those new reeds in it screems now with the couple of little mods i did.

·
Registered
126 Posts
V force helps but you have to have the right jet size....if it's jetted too rich it will hesitate a little, which is what mine was doing last weekend with the 530's in it, switchin' to 520's this weekend to see if it gets any better...if not its on to some 510's

·
Registered
46 Posts
Had the same problem with mine. Checked the belt ride height and it was an 1/8th below the sheaves. Set it up to an 1/8th above and it solved the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts