Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was gonna install the 102 studs on my new f7 and decided after starting the project she just didnt look full enough for me.
So I went down to the dealer today and traded in some of my singe backers for 68 doubles and another 68 studs with nuts and will use the stud boy 4-2-4 pattern. The reason I didnt do the 136 is because the doubles are half the amount in numbers and I really like the riggity in the doubles. My riding is mainly off trail with ocassion trail riding, but would hate to ripe a stud out. Will the extra weight and rotating mass be a negative to be reckoned with?

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
One word ... no.

You'll be just fine running 170 studs in that sled. I didn't have a SnoPro, I had a standard ... but 170 is just fine, trust me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
one question, why would you install studs if you mainly ride off trail and studs do nothing in powder? just wondering

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (04f-5sp @ Dec 28 2006, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
one question, why would you install studs if you mainly ride off trail and studs do nothing in powder? just wondering[/b]
SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY

Rode a couple weeks ago and here in mich she gets slimmy at times and if you anit studded you better be carefull!

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
if you wanted to do 136, and keep it all doubles, you could run 2/4/2 pattern..like this one:

[attachment=59254:Black_Widow_015.jpg]

this is in my 05 F6 SnoPro

I've run many different patterns in my F7's...all the way from 208 to 102.....208 was too much for trails..mostly for ice.....102 was ok for braking/cornering, but spun abit on ice under hard acceleration. I currently have 153 in my 05 F7w/F8 kit with a 1 inch track (1 single/1 double per rib)......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts