Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my F7 the bottom end was rich like the firecats are, so i done some reading and found some info on the TPS. So i went ahead and adjusted it and now the sled runs a nice bit better but could lean her out a tad more. My question is when i turned the TPS clockwise (Leaner) am i advancing the timing or retarding it? The power just don't seem to be their as it was b4 (after i unloaded her) BUT the sled seems to have a more of a higher pitch crack out of the exhaust then b4. (has the mbrp can) Is this a sign of detenation or is it where the sleds running leaner.I put about 200 miles on the sled like this. Their is no lean bogs anywhere in the throttle range. The plugs are filled with fuel on idle and if i hold her at 3000 rpms for a min or so the is loads of fuel their not enough to foul but not far off.Just needed some input. Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't think I would be tunning your sled with the TPS sensor. Set it to factory specs and leave it alone, just my opinion. As you likely know the TPS tells the ecu what throttle position you are at so the ecu can decide (along with info from all the other sensors) what fuel and timing to use. It would be better to consider a ecu reprogam if you have issues as I believe AC has it figured out very good for the 06 program, and I think this can be programmed into all 03-06 ecu's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good i was just afarid of detonation b'y increased timing. yeah azracing the little turn i done made some difference so anoher little turn would only be better. now b'y leaning the sled out a little and then adding a 1.5* timing key wont be to much will it on the trail?

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you think you have a lean conditon you'll need to get a BD box to add or subtract fuel. Its the only safe tuner way to add and subtract fuel as needed. Theres some other boxes out there that will just add fuel but only one that I know of that can add and subtract it as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what do piston wash mean?? LOL not right sure on that one. can you help the little guy through the azracing. :sos: Some people told me that the TPS only affects the bottom to 1/4 throttle and wont affect the rest. are they right or will i blow my engine and then they laugh. ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts