Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought it today (1500 miles) and was wondering what kind of troubles i can expect, I hear they are indestructible,is this true?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
"indestructible" .....i don't know if i would say that.but i would say.... it is a very solid sled that will last you as long as you want it too with proper maintenance.
did you get the standard or sno pro??
do a search on here.check rear skid idler wheels/tsl rubbing,bending tunnels,tunnel supports,oil adjustments... to start.
post a pic when you get a chance!!!!!! and furthermore.........enjoy your new sled.congrats

·
Registered
737 Posts
The 700 engine has been around for quite a while and has proven itself a good engine take kerry3eb advice and get that stuff checked out. In my opinion the 700 crossfire is a great sled that you will have a blast on.

Jeff

·
Registered
287 Posts
Check to see if it is an early build or not. Early builds have smaller rear heat exchanger, no spare plug holder, reflector on the front is above the suspension (regular build has it behind suspension on side panel). Add the tunne re-enforcement kid to prevent the tunnel bending, or have the front shock in the rear skid revalved to snopro level. Change the secondary sheave adjuster from the plastic one to the new one the 2008's have (steel with long center bolt), as the plastic ones can crack in cold weather when changing belts. Make sure to add ice scratchers to keep the hyfax cool and rear heat exchanger covered with snow, especially on the early builds. Have the diamond drive split and cleaned out. With 1500 miles, it's time to check out what's happening inside. My mechanic says he's never done a set of bearings on the 700's before 4500 miles (because they have no mechanical reverse, which adds a whole lot of gearing). Just make sure to change the diamond drive fluid and due a drive flush once a season or every 1000 miles. Have the power valves cleaned and the cable adjustment checked on the servo motor, just to make sure the power valves are opening at the right rpm.

You will absolutely love your new sled. I bought mine last year with 1600 miles and put on 350 late last year. I loved every mile.

Ride hard, ride safe!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
where did you put your scratcher on the rails? I feel if I mount them right behind the front idler wheels then I won't be able to hook them back because the spring connection is there.... am i drunk?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts