Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed speedwerx larger billeted alum air intake and vforce3 reeds. Now there is a flat spot in the throttle at 10-15 mph (Sometimes) not always. Also twice in a drag.......... idle to wot bad bog. Sled runns great and strong 95% of the time any Ideas from the experts out there? The sled has been converted to the 10.4 secondary. It is a 06 600 sno-pro

·
Registered
101 Posts
It might be a lean or a rich bog; if that's the case, you'll need to add or take away fuel in that range. Did you mill the sheaves to convert it to a 10.4 secondary?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Secondary is off the shelf stock was 10" for this 06. The sled pulls so well I can't believe it would be rich. I am hearing alot about a injector perfector thoughts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don't know anything about injector perfectors; however, some people on this site use em. I use a boondocker, works great! Since you added reeds and air intake, your definetly getting more air! Have you adjusted your oil rod yet? If not, figure out your fuel to oil ratio and lengthen your oil rod if needed. If you figure out your ratio is 33:1, what seems to be what most people come in at, you'd lengthen your rod 2 turns. Your goal is as close as you can get to 50:1.

I wouldn't drop any cash until you've got it nailed down. Like most people, I tend to throw out fixes that generally cost money, you need to sort through all the advice and troubleshoot accordingly. There are allot of super technicians on this site who have 600s...ZRrr is one of them.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If you have a 10-15mph bog an injector perfecter won't help. Sounds like you have a lean bog with that big intake. If it's a sharp bark of a bog it's lean.

·
Registered
88 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BlewByU @ Feb 6 2007, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
figure out your fuel to oil ratio and lengthen your oil rod if needed. If you figure out your ratio is 33:1, what seems to be what most people come in at, you'd lengthen your rod 2 turns. Your goal is as close as you can get to 50:1.

I wouldn't drop any cash until you've got it nailed down. Like most people, I tend to throw out fixes that generally cost money, you need to sort through all the advice and troubleshoot accordingly. There are allot of super technicians on this site who have 600s...ZRrr is one of them.[/b]

That's a good starting point, also make sure that your belt deflections is set tight, jus so that it chirps in the primary at a idle. If I don't have my deflection set perfect my sled will develop a slight bog around 4800-5000rpms. If u do that & you still have a bog then you might want to think about fuel mangement. Do that stuff first, doesn't cost any money. You could also pull the V-force reeds out and see if your bog goes away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts