Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this guy out of state, and have no history or manuals but can see it has been in water up to or beyond the headlights. I just ordered a manual and have not done maintenence yet and do not know where things are. My problem is...when I start and drive it...it surges from slow to fast??? Almost incrementally and continual. Does that spell out a know issue for you guys??!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just bought this guy out of state, and have no history or manuals but can see it has been in water up to or beyond the headlights. I just ordered a manual and have not done maintenence yet and do not know where things are. My problem is...when I start and drive it...it surges from slow to fast??? Almost incrementally and continual. Does that spell out a know issue for you guys??!!
Well then, I guess I asked a question that is beyond this knowledge base. Thanks for looking anyway.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Not a lot of people own the 250. When you say it surges- is the engine revving up and down continually, or just while you're driving? What have you done so far, since you know it took a bath? New air filter? Fluids? Tank flush? A little more history might get an accurate answer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This came from a dealer in Indiana, and I am not sure what they did to it or if they would tell me anyway. I haven't a readable/useful manual yet. My intention is to go over it entirely and change all fluids and check everything. I need a manual to insure proper fluid quantities, types etc however.

This problem did not begin when I first rode it, but then again I have not put enough time riding it other than up and down the street. When I put it in forward and accelerate forward to speed..there is a surge in power from slow/fast repeatedly. It does that in an on/off/on/off consistent manner as far as I drive it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts