Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 carb M7 that seems to load up when I first take off. When you hit the throttle it blows out black smoke then clears out and runs good on the top end. It has the Bikeman pipe mod, slp can, 15:1 RKT head. The think runs awesome when it cleans out but I think I am jetted to rich, any ideas. It has 340 mains in it now and I ride between 6-10k.

·
Registered
795 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iluv2fly @ Mar 3 2007, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have an 06 carb M7 that seems to load up when I first take off. When you hit the throttle it blows out black smoke then clears out and runs good on the top end. It has the Bikeman pipe mod, slp can, 15:1 RKT head. The think runs awesome when it cleans out but I think I am jetted to rich, any ideas. It has 340 mains in it now and I ride between 6-10k.[/b]

If its when first taking off its more your pilots, than mains.

But wow 340 mains is way way way rich from the M7 carbs i have ridden with.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Holzman makes an Attac system that installs on an M7 with carbs. You have to change the main jet to one for
-40, then the system adjusts for temperature, and altitude. You don't have to touch your jets after that. Throttle response is crisp, without the bog many M7 owners disliked about the EFI model.

I put the system on my '06 M7 and so far everything is great. I have rode in temps from -25 to +5 degrees, and a wide range of elevations. The fuel eceonomy has been WAY better than the EFI M7. The cost was about $300 CAD.

Holtzman Engineering

·
Registered
795 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iluv2fly @ Mar 4 2007, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
mcflying what are the main jets sizes you have seen people running on the carb M7's.[/b]

The one with Bikeman pipe, thing can, and the airbox really vented a lot, has 290's in it....and rides from 4,000 to 8,000 feet.

The other has bikeman pipe, i forget what can but its not as good as the thing is, and just the large mouth intake in the airbox, it does not breath nearly as well as the other one, and he is running 280's and about the same altitudes....

But you need to read your own plugs as each sled is different, and altitudes etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.