Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 700 efi with about 1100 miles on it (KQ motor) I took it out riding two weeks ago and it did fine road the entire weekend no problems at all. I trailered it home and washed it like I always do. Parked it in the garage and didn't touch it for about a week. I took it out today and road my kid around for a little, killed it went inside came back out wouldn't crank. So I checked my plug fuel and air filter. All seemed to be ok but replaced the plug any way. First problem so far out of this quad. I read about a tps being adjustable but I don't know how or if I should adjust it. If you let the quad sit for about an hour it will crank up if you press the throttle a little like a old carb motor.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nobody?

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Mine does that if I run it and it gets warm. It won't start right away. I guess the radiator needs to be racked.

Under the seat there is a white plug you use as a jumper to display diagnostic codes and to see where the tps position

-E0. Should look like that. The dash is the tps. I dont have the link on my phone

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I jumped the white plug but I don't get a code on it. I am really at a loss on this one i have never seen one do this. It really doesn't have to be hot just crank it and let it idle for about a min and then it won't crank.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Could be your coil.

·
Administrator
8,015 Posts
sounds like TPS, sort of.
When mine was off it needed a little throttle to get it to fire when warm.
Like always, charge battery and verify that you have spark when it dont start by using your old plug in the plug wire grounded to the engine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I changed the plug but when I tried to get it to show a code this time it wouldn't show up anything on the display. Key off put a short piece of wire in the white plug the side that has the two wires sticking out of it. then turn the key on nothing happens. But if you hold the break it cranks right up so now I think it might be the neutral sensor?

·
Administrator
40,662 Posts
SIG relay in the fuse box

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I checked all the fuses. Now a realy how does that work I am not to versed on those. I did figure something out if you hold the brake it will crank up fine so now I am thinking it is a sensor that tells the bike that it is in neutral it has always cranked without holding the brake.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do appreciate all the help fellas thanks.

·
Administrator
40,662 Posts
It should not turn over if it is in gear. The start in gear relay (sig) allows you to start it in gear when you depress the brake lever. It's a safety feature

1 - 12 of 12 Posts