Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does a 06 v2 have an inline fuel filter? Also where is the tip sensor located and what does it look like? Thanks

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The roll over sensor is in the back, behind the gas tank. Im not sure about the filter.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What does the tip sensor look like? If you diable it will it effect the performance of the engine?

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kevinbender0311 @ Mar 28 2007, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
has a filter of sorts in tank but a extra inline filter won't hurt. tip sensor is right underneith tail light under plastic.[/b]

Hi kevin, thats a surprise , I wasn't aware there was a filter in the tank, is it somthing that can be replaced as most filters will get clogged after a while. I know there has been alot of talk about the 06's and everyone has said there's no filter. Can you shed some light on this as I'm really curious.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
The "filter" that Kevin is talking about is built into the pump and is only replaceable if you buy the whole fuel pump, so an added inline filter is a good idea

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
can't just unplug the tip sensor, allows voltage (certian amount) to the cdi and when you tip or roll your machine it cuts the little bit of voltage and shuts the cdi off. they can be disabled (taken apart) so the piece that tips is fastened to stay straight all the time.
wouldn't recommend doing this though, even if you have a dynatek and are having problems i would call dynatek about this, they are aware and are replacing with newer version that is not as sensitive to eliminate the brief cutting out that some dynatek owners were having.

here is a write up on it.
http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php...&hl=dynatek

here is a picture of the "bag" filter, when i took my fuel tank to my dealer to have him switch out (service bulliten, early 05's), he switched the fuel sending unit from one to the other and saw it. imo it should never have to be changed unless major junk got in there, large screen bag looking thing.

right next to the number 5, tad down, larger than it looks in the picture.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts