Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone on another forum said that if you don't snorkle your 650 and run it in water up to or over the radiator the bike will die. How could this have anything to do with the bike dying? I've had mine for 4 weeks is there any tricks or tips or mods that I should know about or think about doing? thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
welcome call Sevenmag. Yes your 650 will die because the air and belt intakes are right above the radiator. If you plan on riding in deep water and mud, you might want to snorkel your intakes and belt exhaust. Also, this will give you a performance increase along with a jet kit if you enlarge your intakes to 2".

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
If you remove the black cover under the front rack you will see your front air box, this has a wide mouth on the lower front side to induct fresh air into the box and then into two hoses one running to the main air filter box under your storage box and the other to the belt drive unit. If you hit a water hole that is as deep as the grill fast with the front end it can suck up water into that box then it can get into the main airbox causing water to enter your carbs, this will cause it to stop running, also your crankcase vent is in there too, allowing water to enter your oil, This can cause the motor to be ruined if not flushed many times by changing the oil and filter. Thats why getting in deep water is a big problem unless you have done as many and rerouted those intake hoses up higher, this is snorkling. Its not a problem as long as you know your limits, a stock V2 is good to the top of the tires as long as you dont run fast into a water or mud hole forcing it into that front box.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Remember to snorkel your carb vent lines as well as your differential vents if you wanna do it right. Not doing the carb vents will allow water into the carbs too and shut you down.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Where are the carb vents on a stock machine?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Mine are under the instrument pod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.