Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the primary clutch shaft and o ring and inspect the one way clutch and the other parts inside there but i am having trouble geting the inner primary aluminum housing off .. the torx bolts have been removed but cant break it loose to remove it from the machine. Dont want to beat or pry on it too much . suggestions please

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Please try not to post the same thing twice in different sections.

It will take some convincing to remove that part of the cases. Remember your fighting the old gasket, dowls and the wet clutch/clutch housing or drum and you just have to tap and pry it free using a rubber mallet or a dead blow hammer and pry bar. Here's some tips, if you have a oil leak at the seal for the primary clutch I would suggest replacing the seal AND the fixed drive face spacer along with the oring that goes inside the fixed drive face spacer. When I rebuilt my engine I replaced the two seals in the clutch belt housings and the one for the primary clutch started leaking again and when I took everything I then noticed the spacer had a small groove where the seal rode and it wasn't creating a tight enough seal. Also make sure you install the one way clutch bearing right. Hope this helps ya. GL.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts