Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is the better clutch kit out there for the 500i auto? I have 2" snorkels and dynojet kit now, and 27" mudlights. Other than that the bike is stock. How does the EPI affect performance? What are the wet springs for? Does the kit dramatically lower your topend?

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
wet springs are for your stall inguagement or lets it rev a bit higher before enguaging the wetclutch, if your familer with a stall converter on a car/truck same idea.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on guys. I know there's alot of 500i guys out there. I sure would appreciate the help on this.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I have a Dalton kit in my 05 500 and I'm really happy with it.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I replyed to your PM.

·
Registered
22 Posts
OK VALIN. I'M NOT SURE OF I CAN HELP YOU OR NOT. I HAVE A 06 500 MAN WITH A HIGHLIFTER CLUTCH KIT ( ITS A EPI ITEM ). I CAN FEEL MORE POWER. I CAN DO WHEELIES. SOMETHING IT WOULD NOT DO BEFORE. IT DOES A LOT BETTER IN THE MUD. I KNOW YOU HAVE A AUTO. BUT YOU CAN GO TO WWW.ERLANDSON PERFORMANCE.COM AND LOOK AT THE KITS. YOU CAN SEE WHAT KIT WOULD DO THE BETTER FOR YOU AND YOUR BIKE. I LIKE THE KIT I GOT IN MY BIKE AND I WOULD THINK ABOUT A DIFF CLUTCH KIT. I LIKE THE EPI ITEMS.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have an 05 500 LE auto and I added the speedwerx kit in mine with stock tires and snorkled out noting special and I can also do weeiles all day long too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I decided to order the EPI kit. We'll see how it goes. I will install it this upcoming week sometime.

·
Registered
410 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (valin @ Apr 17 2007, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Which is the better clutch kit out there for the 500i auto? I have 2" snorkels and dynojet kit now, and 27" mudlights. Other than that the bike is stock. How does the EPI affect performance? What are the wet springs for? Does the kit dramatically lower your topend?[/b]

I am in the same boat. I found this:

E P I clutch springs

I have heard of using the purple springs in my 05 AC 500m. If this is correct which stinking one is it?

Anybody out there with a bike-500m with 28" tires with a cluth kit? If so how does it perform???

Also, who is the best to buy the gasket from?

Sorry for all the "?"'s

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I don't think they have the ones for the wetclutch listed on the web, call them to get the right partnumber.

You can reuse the gasket, but if you want a new one you'll have to get it at the dealer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GREY GOAT @ Apr 23 2007, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am in the same boat. I found this:

E P I clutch springs

I have heard of using the purple springs in my 05 AC 500m. If this is correct which stinking one is it?

Anybody out there with a bike-500m with 28" tires with a cluth kit? If so how does it perform???

Also, who is the best to buy the gasket from?

Sorry for all the "?"'s[/b]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.