Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard somewhere that a HMF for the H1 will fit on my 06 500. Is this correct?

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome ! Is it a direct fit or do I need to have a bracket fabbed or anything? Looks great. Thanks for the info. :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
408 Posts
BRmudder, was wondering how loud the HMF is over stock? A lot of concerns were I ride over loud dirt bikes and atv"s.Just don"t want to have the bike creating a "hell of a noise" coming down a trail.I ride with some guys with after market pipes and if you are behind them it can be pretty loud.

Thanks Autocat.

·
Registered
116 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bucanoles @ Jan 14 2007, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Awesome ! Is it a direct fit or do I need to have a bracket fabbed or anything? Looks great. Thanks for the info. :beer_cheers:[/b]

In the folder "AC 500A HMF" you can see that I took some aluminum flat bar, bolted it to the two factory holes, then drilled a new hole about midway to attach the pipe. This kept the distance of the pipe to the gas tank even from front to back. It also moved the tip away from directly shooting on the rear bumper bar.

·
Registered
116 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Autocat @ Jan 15 2007, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
BRmudder, was wondering how loud the HMF is over stock? A lot of concerns were I ride over loud dirt bikes and atv"s.Just don"t want to have the bike creating a "hell of a noise" coming down a trail.I ride with some guys with after market pipes and if you are behind them it can be pretty loud.

Thanks Autocat.[/b]
Yes, it is alot louder, but not like a Harley. They do make quiet cores, but I would think that those would hinder your performance gains. imo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts