Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we installed the HL SD clutch kit on my wife's '06 500 Auto...replaced the springs on the inner clutch, weights, and large spring on the secondary. The oem belt was put back on, and placed where you read it sitting on the bike, not standing on the side.

Well...it walks, which usually means that the belt is on backwards, but I think we have it on right. Also, there is a inconsistant metal "clank". Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this bike and a clutch kit?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked on EPI's website...looks like the '06 is a different clutch kit than the 01-05 kits. I guess I'll call EPI in the morning and ask them what's the difference. Highlifter's kit says 01-05, but they sold it to me for her bike?!?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EPI said it could be the bearing on the internal clutch cover installed backwards. Just dunno... Does anyone know how to adjust (shim) the clutch? 'cause the belt could be too tight.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
The belt should have a direction arrow on it. You can't adjust the belt on the 500, only the V2. I'm not sure what would be different from 05 to 06, nothing that I can think of. Make sure you installed the oneway clutch correctly, there should have been ink on the outside IIRC.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just called my AC dealer and talked to the mechanic...

He agreed with EPI that it was probably installed incorrectly. The word "outside" and a green dot are on the same side, and when installed correctly you should not be able to see them....I have it installed wrong. Hopefully I didn't mess it up, 'cause it's not a pretty penny!
I'll check when I get home, but could anyone tell me if it's part# 3402-567(bearing) or 3446-003(clutch, pri drive one way)? I'm thinking (without looking at it) that it's the clutch oneway...$77.56...ouch!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts