Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 months ago, I bought my quad new. Dealer has had awesome service, except my quad is a POS. Fuel tank sensor replaced, display screen replaced twice, faulty valve stems X 3, blew presure relese valve clear out, oil all over hells half acre, after seeing the shop probably 6 times for cold idle problems she still does not want to stay running when it is cold, something shorted out in my winch/switch/relay smell of burning and the quad died completely, exhaust fell OFF of the quad from the motor, breaks failed on me last ride for two hours of the ride. The list goes on and on and on.

I have two friends that both bought cats the same time I did, they have next to no problems. The quad only has 700 k's on it, has never seen mud or water and has been in the shop 12 friggen times now, WTF. The past two months, no joke, I have not been on one ride where my quad has NOT broken down. I mean dead on road and flatbead home, or towed home or parts brought out to me to get me running again.

Question: I am lost as to what to do now. The last time I took my bike back for more work I told them that I don't want it back, I don't want to have anything to do with it. Who can I talk to about fixing my problem.

I noticed talk of extended warranty for free but when I suggested that to a rep in Montreal, she said No friggen way.

What can I do?????

Scotty

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Does Canada have any sort of "lemon law" for high dollar purchases? You may want to write Cat and give them copies of the service invoices. You could also see if your dealer will exchange it out for ya, but I doubt that will happen. If they played their cards right, they could part out the "old" one and sell the parts on Ebay and likely break even on the transaction all the while keeping a customer satisfied on what is apparently a problematic bike.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would write AC. I purchased mine from Tracker Marine in Savannah, Ga and through the help of the home office in Springfield, Mo. I was able to exchange mine out. I had only a few problems compared to yours. Many of your problems are liabilties for AC in one from or another if you were to get hurt and they are aware of the issues and do nothing about it. So most likely they would be exchange the four wheeler if you can document your problems and to avoid liabilty. Good Luck

·
Registered
742 Posts
No lemon law in Canada, trust me I have looked into it, But my lawyer did mention a breach of contract might be the way to go in my case anyways. Hopefully I wont have to do it though, cause I really like my dealer and he is doing everything he can do to make mine right. Maybe just mention that you are thinking about seeing a lawyer to see if you can get out of your machine and see what happens. I have talked to the lady you are referring to and she is useless as far as I am concerned, just there to calm you down a bit and thats about it. I havent been able to find a cdn reps phone number so I have vented my frustrations on my dealer. Just keep on it and dont let up, call as many people as you can and maybe it will work out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (doober @ Mar 2 2007, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No lemon law in Canada, trust me I have looked into it, But my lawyer did mention a breach of contract might be the way to go in my case anyways. Hopefully I wont have to do it though, cause I really like my dealer and he is doing everything he can do to make mine right. Maybe just mention that you are thinking about seeing a lawyer to see if you can get out of your machine and see what happens. I have talked to the lady you are referring to and she is useless as far as I am concerned, just there to calm you down a bit and thats about it. I havent been able to find a cdn reps phone number so I have vented my frustrations on my dealer. Just keep on it and dont let up, call as many people as you can and maybe it will work out.[/b]

doober, this is much the case for me. The dealer is truly great. I love thier service and how much they go out of thier way for me. But I cannot find anyone to talk to other than that lady back east and the dealer. I was pissed when I talked to Danielle I think her name was. She would not even hint on helping me one bit. My local dealer said he has some show or confrence he is going to this monday and he is going to talk to his rep for me to see what he can do.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just talked to the shop two minutes ago. By break calipar screws were GONE. Still trying to figure out the winch problem. Does anyone know any phone #'s or E mail address of people to send a letter to?

·
Registered
742 Posts
I really do feel for you, I have an 06 V twin and it has been in the shop 12-13 times, about 7-800 miles 2 top end rebuilds, and some other things (seals, timing chains (twice) the list goes on, but my dealer told me that he would make it right regardless of warranty, because it has had an oil burning issue since new. I love my bike when it runs, but it has been in the shop WAY to much and I made it crystal clear to him how I feel about it. When it was in the shop, I was there or calling him a few times a week, and kept "reminding" him that this is the last time it is going to be there for this problem, next time my lawyer wil be calling him and I will be done with it. I also let this Danielle person know that she was useless to me, but kept calling her every few days to see what else she had to say. She is very easy to make slip up, I had her totally agreeing with me that I should be getting a new motor, then once she realized what she was sayingm she changed the subject and said that she never said anything like that. She also told me that I am or Arctic Care extended warranty for this claim, and I told here there is NO way I am paying a penny for something that has been a problem since day one, if it was a new problem then fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doober,

Your story sounds the same as mine to the T except my problem"S" are different ones.

I think you and I need to sit down at the pub for a "pop" or ten :chug:

To me it seems a little like AC does not have easily accessable customer support for a reason. Avoiding problems like our bikes.
bang your head

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
If your dealer will agree to fix all of the problems, go with it. If not, I'd get a big piece of cardboard and make a sign indicating that your machine is a complete lemon. Write down a list of the problems and attach it to the sign. Put the machine on the back of a pick up or on a trailer and park it as close as you can get to the largest AC dealer in the area. Hang the sign on the machine and begin your protest. Do it on the weekend and watch how quickly you will get results. You may want to have a friend and a video camera handy just in case you are harassed by the AC dealership personnel.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have herd of people using this address and getting some results: [email protected]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would do some creative photshopping, find a picture of a nice white enclosed utility trailer and photoshop a big vinyl looking sign that says what a piece of crap AC and the problems you have had and not to buy one...... and make quick website up something free and just explain your story, but make sure that website is listed on the Trailer somewhere....I did that before not for AC, but it got results fairly effectively since I told them I was going to be taking up to the next big show that AC was shown at and leave it there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts