Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an 06 400 4x4 and I can't figure out what is wrong with it. From about 1/4 throttle to half throttle it sputters and has close to no power, but anything above half it runs like a raped ape. I have already changed out the plug (old plug was black), and I have taken the carb apart to inspect/clean jets, needles, float, etc. I have also adjusted the air screw to 1 1/8 out like factory suggests. I am beginning to think its just a turd, does anybody have any ideas?!?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuel issue. Specifically excess fuel at idle. Check your choke
Just found an old post about the choke, then found a video of how it sounds when the choke is stuck and it is exactly what mine is doing, thanks a bunch! I wasnt able to pull the choke out of the carb when I cleaned the carb, so this makes even more sense now, already got a choke ordered because I'm sure ill break this one trying to remove it

·
Registered
10,772 Posts
If you have issues again with new choke, there is a company called Choke Solutions that has a kit to change it to a manual choke. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have issues again with new choke, there is a company called Choke Solutions that has a kit to change it to a manual choke. Just food for thought.
I did see that and almost bought that instead. I might just order it anyways. Thank you!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Glad you figured it out. I just keep a few electric chokes on hand. I buy them on eBay and they are pretty cheap. I bought one of the choke solutions kits but didn’t like how it worked so I removed it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far the new electric choke is working great, though I've only had it around the block a few times. Ill take it out this weekend and see how it goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts