Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of getting one of these for my wife to drive-how are they holding up and hows the overall driveability? I need an great handling quad for her that has an auto tranny-left handed linked brakes and an easy to drive machine thats in a smaller chassis. If you have one(for your wife I hope) let me hear what you think about it- Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought an 06 250 2x4 and love it. My only complaint was the sport style read tired. I replaced all 4 with a set of Titan 589's. Got a good deal on a new set of Polaris take off's. I have 550 miles on it now, and it has been a reliable solid ride. I wanted something that the kids and my wife could ride, and control. Not to mention that I'm 5'6" and 145 lbs. I'd like a bigger machine, but this was within my budget for a first ATV, and everyone could use it. besides the tires, I have added a Gorilla 2000 lb winch to it. I can go almost anywhere the guys I ride with go, most are 450-500 Honda, however I will use a more RPMs to get through what 4x4 will take them through. The ground clearance is on par with what the hondas have. They first time I showed up, they made comments about hoping I had a tow strap, and glad you have a winch; however at the end of the day, they had changed their tones. I wouldn't hesisitate, after comparing some other brands mid-size ATVs. This thing is a lot better built package and price!

·
Registered
946 Posts
I bought my daughter a 2006 A/C Utility the day it arrived at my dealers. I had wanted a quad like this for her, as I thought the old style was too heavy and the "kids quads" were stupidly small. I was right, (for a change). This quad rocks... Rockerdude I even plop my big ass on it and take it for a whirl - it's a fun little machine. It's not perfect by any stretch, but it "is what it is" and has been a joy to own. Personally, I would stay away from the DVX - I like the features of the Utility better. It's a perfect quad for tooling around and Sara's has been through some serious stuff as well. I've linked some of my first impressions about this quad with some ride reports. if they don't put you to sleep, you might get some good out of them.

I'm pretty sure Sara's 2006 is dancing around the 800-mile mark and we haven't had a lick of trouble - and this quad has not been pampered in the least. We're still researching tires, as the stockers leave a bit to be desired, but at the same time don't want to take away from this nimble, stable little quad. I think you'll enjoy it...Read on...

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

MORE STUFF

GOD WILL HE EVER SHUT UP?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts