Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals well it warmed up enough to look at the bike a little and I pulled the side panels off and the gas is pissing out of the vent tube that goes down by the left foot rest. The tube that goes up along the frame rail and points foward is dry. so with that being said what do you all think. Just need to clean carbs or what. I'm guessing a float is stuck. If I just pull the float bowls off and clean that out is that good or do I need to go more in to it? Thanks for all the info Frankp

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Yeah, I'd try cleaning the carbs. You can try draining them to start, but I'm not hopeful that'll cure what ails your cat.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Todd did you ever find any tires? Just wondering my buddy has a set of 26" car. a.c.t. xl and he may be willing to sell them he wants the same tire in a 25" they are as tall as my swamplites. Also if you'd consider a different tire I'm trading my stockers for some 26" 589 mt's I could cut you a good deal on those. Just a thought. congrats on #2 we are also expecting another one. Just let me know. frankp

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
From what I have read you can remove the carb bowls on the V2 with them still in the ATV, if so then yes all you need to do is remove the bowls and spray carb cleaner in the jets and around the float/needle valve assembly then blow out with compressed air. Just make sure area around the carbs is clean as well so you do not blow more dirt into the carbs.
You can remove the jets and clean them seperately if you think they may be clogged up fairly good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts