Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 700 EFI
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friends kid just bought a 2005 Polaris Sportsman 700 Dale Jr. edition. We went through 90% of it as soon as he got it home. The battery is good and has a full charge on it. It doesn't want to Idle. Once running under load, it's okay, but will not Idle. None of us are Polaris guys, and just don't know where to look.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
I would look at the carburetor first. I had a 400 Sportsman once, exhaust would catch the plastics on fire.The muffler was plugged. Change the plug as well.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Did not know they were EFI in 05. Buddy has a 6wd Ranger with weird carb issues..... Check the spray pattern of the injector. See what the gas smells like, if old dump/refill . Might try running some Sea Foam through it. My brother has one of those and an old Honda. He has had a lot of problems with the Polaris, none with the Honda. I loved the ride of my Polaris, hated the unreliability.

·
Registered
2007 700 EFI
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My buddy wouldn't have let his kid (22) buy it if he had known it was injected.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Nothing wrong with fuel injection, would be nice to have a service and repair manual for it. Once that I learned to tune my carburetored ATVs, sold them and bought 2 fuel injected Cats= 700TRV and 700 Diesel. Last resort, he may want to take it to a dealer. At least with Polaris, you can throw a dead cat and probably hit one. Cat dealers are scarce.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts