Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was our first major snow in NW Indiana. I took the sled out last night and it seemed to run fine. After I was finished, I parked it back in the shed. This morning, I got it out for a ride and now it won't go over 6000 rpm without the check engine light flickering (not flashing like it has a code, but a fast flicker), and letting out a big backfire. If you let off the throttle, it will idle down and run fine until you try to go over 6000 rpm again. This afternoon, I unhooked the safety switch on the throttle and cleaned the APV valves, which were relatively clean. I tried it again and it still does the same thing. I am totally at a loss of what to do next, but would like to get it going to do some riding. It has good non- ethanol gas in it, so I don't think fuel is an issue. Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
617 Posts
It is EFI.
Plugs good? I’d check the spark 1st just take out plugs leave wires connected and lay them on top of the metal heatsheild of your pipe pull motor over with key and kill switch on and see what kinda spark you have. Next check your smart valves in your gas tank make sure they aren’t collapsing due to water possibility in gas tank, there’s a bic pen trick you can do to replace the factory weak ones that AC puts in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts