Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help guys,
I bought an 05 efi sp f7 with a 6 flash servo motor code. I found the cables were disconnected and vavles dirty. I reconnected cables and cleaned valves really good and put them in correctly. I ran it down road and code came back. I then removed servo motor did 12vdc test with battery and it ran motor in both directions pending polarity, then did ohm test which tested good also. I know this model opens PV at 7k. I am about to just take it somewhere because today the code came back. It seems that if i run around the house I can't get it to come on even though I it goes above 7k, but once on the road and cruisin it comes on.
I have heard stator and ECU could be bad. I dont have a saftey stand to test it out like a shop, but was thinking of chaining the rear to my tractor front loader and lifting it up..not sure if the plastic will hold though.
Any thoughts before I take somewhere to get looked at, cause it's starting to get to me,? :Bangin:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Help guys,
I bought an 05 efi sp f7 with a 6 flash servo motor code. I found the cables were disconnected and vavles dirty. I reconnected cables and cleaned valves really good and put them in correctly. I ran it down road and code came back. I then removed servo motor did 12vdc test with battery and it ran motor in both directions pending polarity, then did ohm test which tested good also. I know this model opens PV at 7k. I am about to just take it somewhere because today the code came back. It seems that if i run around the house I can't get it to come on even though I it goes above 7k, but once on the road and cruisin it comes on.
I have heard stator and ECU could be bad. I dont have a saftey stand to test it out like a shop, but was thinking of chaining the rear to my tractor front loader and lifting it up..not sure if the plastic will hold though.
Any thoughts before I take somewhere to get looked at, cause it's starting to get to me,? :Bangin:
I have the exact same sled with same problem. I did the servo test as well and it appears good. I can't figure out what it is either. I'm going to check the wiring harness from the sled to the servo. Other posts have said it is very close to the secondary and they have had damaged wires.
I don't want to buy a new servomotor or ECU until I'm certain that's the problem, because those are very expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts