Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a weird problem with my 05 F7 efi Sno Pro. Was running full throttle the other week, around 7900rpm, and the sled just died like it ran out of gas. Lifted the hood, looked things over, found nothing obvious. Went to try & start it, and it fired right up like nothing ever happened. Was out on the Flambeau flowage with Greensled & Nick when it first happened. We rode another 100 miles that day with no problems. Was out again last Sunday & the same thing happened. I run D&D twins with a Boondocker & 2deg key. Any ideas? I’m going to pull the pipes & look at the pistons this week, but both times it ran like a charm after it died... bang your head

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nick @ Feb 20 2007, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Maybe the sled ingested too much snow dust from following that fast green F7 all weekend long. That is my hunch![/b]
Funny, I always thought Joel's sled was an F6?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Friend has similar issue While WOT on the lake it quit. But it did restart. took it in to the dealer and he said that one of the injectors was not working right, The computer picks up on it and shuts the sled down as a safety feature to not burn up the motor.

New injector later... it runs like a champ again.

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (05F7efisnopro @ Feb 21 2007, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Friend has similar issue While WOT on the lake it quit. But it did restart. took it in to the dealer and he said that one of the injectors was not working right, The computer picks up on it and shuts the sled down as a safety feature to not burn up the motor.

New injector later... it runs like a champ again.[/b]
Interesting. Would the sled give you a code error for that, or not?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think it did. When the dealer plugged it in, He went right to the EFI system. So it must have given him somthing
He fixed it in a hour or so.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
So small chance of a seizure then...or I spose you had that BD box leaned WAYYY down trying to beat that pesky F7. Sounds electrical to me also.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yea, I thought the same thing too. But bang your head the "E" in Efi does stand for Electronic

3x I think it's at least worth a phone call to your local dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HA, not leaned down too much, using a trailsafe program at the time. Just pulled it apart, bad piston... Funny thing about it is that it still runs good! Not sure if I should bring it to the dealer, or go to the backup sled & rebuild it over the summer with a little help from a friend of mine...

·
Registered
61 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (3x @ Feb 21 2007, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
HA, not leaned down too much, using a trailsafe program at the time. Just pulled it apart, bad piston... Funny thing about it is that it still runs good! Not sure if I should bring it to the dealer, or go to the backup sled & rebuild it over the summer with a little help from a friend of mine...[/b]
THAT SUX, HOW MANY MILES ON IT?

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FIRECAT ER @ Feb 21 2007, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (3x @ Feb 21 2007, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HA, not leaned down too much, using a trailsafe program at the time. Just pulled it apart, bad piston... Funny thing about it is that it still runs good! Not sure if I should bring it to the dealer, or go to the backup sled & rebuild it over the summer with a little help from a friend of mine...[/b]
THAT SUX, HOW MANY MILES ON IT?
[/b][/quote]
Closing in on 4000 miles...

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Pat,

It sounds similar to a problem I had with my F7 two years ago. Mine ended up being a fuel pump problem. The first time it happened was very similar to you .... cruising down the lake and shut down. Horrible, horrible feeling thinking you just squeaked a piston :oops: However, sled pulled over easy and fired right up. Didn't miss a beat the rest of the day. Next day, it did it again as we pulled into the Pioneer bar. Went inside, had a drink, came out, fired up and away we went ... so I thought. Sled died about 100 yards down the trail and wouldn't start again. Long story short, made some phone calls to the local dealers and the guys at Wild River nailed it .... fuel pump.

I'm not guaranteeing that's what you've got going on ... but it sure sounds familiar. My fuel pump had a flat spot in it that caused it to stick. Unplugging it, and running a batter to the adapter you could hear the pump cycle and it would run fine again.

Keep us posted on what you hear from your dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Yes, it was the PTO side.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts