Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was going down the trail and my f7 just starts to bog then dies...now it wont start!! has fuel and some spark..if i put new plugs in goes to fire up but doesnt then nothing at all..pull plugs again and soaked? ran good for about 10 minutes before this problem..

any ideas?
i was thinking of coil or stator?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
checked 2 days ago and was 155 in both cold..but will check again today and post back

why would it not run on just one cylinder though?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so just checked the compression with different gauge and reads 125 in both...so thats good

no i almost got it to fire twice...i had to be playing with the throttle...could this be the tss? how do you bypass this on ther firecats?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
It could be and idk how to bypass it on firecat..... You have good compression so it's either fuel or spark that's keeping it from running..... You sure it's getting enough fuel? How much is in your gas tank?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh yeah its got fuel ..when i pull the plugs out they are soaked..so its definatly not getting spark... both cylinders are not firing!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds like a bad stator. If the stator is surging it will run for a little bit then bog and die. This fries your ECU too. I went through two ECUs before i figured out my stator was surging. Very expensive problem. Check the ground wire off your stator. If its not grounded properly it will fry your ECU as well

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
any way to check the stator? it doesnt start just tries for 2 seconds and thats it...

anyway to see if there is power getting to coil and then power comming out of coil? also any readings for the stator?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
anyone know readings on injectors, coil, tps....

just trying to figure what is causing it not to start

i have fuel and spark..so something is shutting it down
Would a bad servo for power valves cause this? Or maybe a bad tps or tss?

also any ways to test the tps and tss?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts