Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a timing key on my sled. I was down to the 2nd last exhaust spring and wouldn't you know I dropped it and heard it hit the belly pan. I would like to get the spring out if it's not too much of a pain. Is one side of the sled easier to get apart than the other? It dropped more so on the left side of the engine. Any tips would be appreciated. Thx.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'd get a good flexible magnet and try that. Otherwise leave it there and get another spring. To pull the center belly pan section only has about 10 torx head screws and if your lucky it will come off with only loosening a few of the front bumper lower bolts, the bumper overlaps the center section. Good Luck

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the input. I may try the magnet first. Any idea where I can pick a flexible magnet?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I bought mine at Advance Auto, heavy duty magnet and flexible shaft for THIS exact problem. Try putting the lower springs on the monster suitcase exhaust can on a Sabercat with reverse and a battery for electric start... IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I picked one up at Autozone. It even has a light. Dropped the belly pan and still had to use the magnet. Got it with the magnet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts