Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 F6 EFI likes to load up when it idles for for about a minute or so. If I get on the throttle for a few seconds it clears right out. It seems to idle fine at around 1800rpms. It really isn't a problem, just doesn't help when you are lined up with your buddies to drag race. I started noticing it lately and the weather has been warm(20s - 30s). I'm not sure if that is a factor. Any ideas why or how to solve?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think most EFI's are that way. My 04 F6 EFI does it too. New reed petals seemed to help a bit, cuz they lean out the bottom end and richen the top.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
mine does the same thing...hate it i try to not let it idle. and yes when i am lined up with a few people and it idles for a bit i am a little slow off the line but i pull right away in like 50 feet or less...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Try turning your TPS an 1/8" counter clockwise & see if that helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yea they all do it. Try NGK br9eix plugs, oh wow, they are like having a fresh set of eya's in all the time. With eya's, with fresh plugs its a noticable improvement for about 15min. then the low end gets the dull sound and sounds like its wants to load up. With the EIX's the engine just feels more crisp with a more poppy exhaust note for a considerable longer amount of time. I never thought a spark plug could make such a noticable difference, but with how rich the 6 runs thru the low-mid the iridiaums(sp) are a welcomed improvement.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Mine did the same till i adjusted oil injection.Now no more bogging or loading up.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Indytriple @ Mar 10 2007, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yea they all do it. Try NGK br9eix plugs, oh wow, they are like having a fresh set of eya's in all the time. With eya's, with fresh plugs its a noticable improvement for about 15min. then the low end gets the dull sound and sounds like its wants to load up. With the EIX's the engine just feels more crisp with a more poppy exhaust note for a considerable longer amount of time. I never thought a spark plug could make such a noticable difference, but with how rich the 6 runs thru the low-mid the iridiaums(sp) are a welcomed improvement.[/b]
does it run a little hot though? the plugs seem the right color?? i've been running eya's

·
Registered
19 Posts
you guys have something messed up, our 05 F6 EFI Sno Pro runs good, no load up, or none of that **** no matter what the temp is... today it was 45 degrees worked great

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well it sounds like I have some options to take care this load-up issues. The TPS is mounted on the side of the throttle bodies isn't it? Does it take a philips screw driver to turn that screw? I haven't actually measured how much oil my sled is using. Kinda seems like a lot though. I might want to measure that before I adjust the oil injection. Putting in a different set of plugs seems like an easy solution if it works.

·
Registered
703 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Indytriple @ Mar 10 2007, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yea they all do it. Try NGK br9eix plugs, oh wow, they are like having a fresh set of eya's in all the time. With eya's, with fresh plugs its a noticable improvement for about 15min. then the low end gets the dull sound and sounds like its wants to load up. With the EIX's the engine just feels more crisp with a more poppy exhaust note for a considerable longer amount of time. I never thought a spark plug could make such a noticable difference, but with how rich the 6 runs thru the low-mid the iridiaums(sp) are a welcomed improvement.[/b]
Are they the plugs for the skidoo sdi engines? Do they not burn hotter than the es or eya;s?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts