Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, a friend of a friend has an 05 F6 efi ext with the 144" track on it. I has under 700 miles, he just wants to get out of snowmobiling. Hes asking $5300 for it. Is this a deal that I should jump all over and not look back, or are there issues with these sleds. I notice that they were only made for one year, is there a bad reason for this or did Cat just decied not to make them anymore? Any input would be helpful. Them main reason that I am hesitant is that we haven't had any snow for the last couple years to ride on.

·
Registered
0 Posts
They're good sleds. If you do alot of jumping u shud know they tend to lift the front end up if your comin off the lip gassin it. I havent heard of any problems. They had the ext's in 04, 05, and on the limited edition 700 efi sabercat. My friend has a 04 f6 efi and it starts by the 3rd pull every time even after sitting outside all night. I havent ever heard anything bad about 'em.

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
IMO, I would offer somewhere in the low to mid $4k range. Lots of sleds out there right now that you can get deals on. It's a buyers market.

·
Registered
224 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (03f5snopro @ Jan 18 2007, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They're good sleds. If you do alot of jumping u shud know they tend to lift the front end up if your comin off the lip gassin it. I havent heard of any problems. They had the ext's in 04, 05, and on the limited edition 700 efi sabercat. My friend has a 04 f6 efi and it starts by the 3rd pull every time even after sitting outside all night. I havent ever heard anything bad about 'em.[/b]
I have found that the EXT actually flys better than a short track or a 128" firecat off of drifts or jumps... the longer track helps with the balance of the sled. Any sled will lift the front end off a lip if you're on the throttle at take off. Always back off a hair on take off... this lets you float instead off cat walk. I ride mine hard and it is the best sled I have ever owned, fast, agile and I love to get air with it. 1700 miles an no issues at all... none. A MUST though is to get rid of the stock dually shaper bars and replace with 6" or 8" standard skags.

Scotty

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I had the 2004 Sabercat 600 Ext, about the same sled as the F6 ext, I loved mine, rode great and was very dependable.

I put on a set of Powder Pros and it really helped it turn as the long trackers like to push in the corners.

Check NADA for your sleds value, of course the bad weather does dictate the market, but at least you will know about where your at on price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts