Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am trying to rebuild the carb in my daughters 05 90cc 4 stroke artic cat. The carb is keihin pte #s 011AVFc. The problem is that I cant find a rebuild kit for it. Any ideas? Or how much it is? Thanks

·
Administrator
37,170 Posts
Usually a good cleaning is all they need?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I pulled it apart & cleaned it but I cant get the thing to even turn over. Guess I should have started there lol. It has been sitting up for about 4 years now. I put a new battery on it cleaned the gas tank & put fresh fuel in it. But it does nothing when I hit the start button. Also tried to kick start it (gently) & it does nothing & I have to pull it back up.
Any suggestions? I cant find a solenoid on it just a 4 prong starter relay... going to try & figure out how to test it tomorrow & test the starter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a test light. I just really dont know how to work it. Here is update on what I did today. I pulled the starter relay. Pulled the starter & tested it. Starter works fine. Push button start still not working. I hooked everything back up except for starter relay & jumped it there(at starter relay)(I used a 16 gauge wire & put it in each side of the relay). She turned over but would not start. I pulled spark plug & I'm getting good spark. I have fresh fuel & clean carburetor. I made sure the parking brake was locked & key was on but still cant get it to even start to run. It just spins over. (By jumping it)
What all do I need to test with the test light & how do I go about it? Thanks for the help

Would it run without the relay in it if I'm bypassing it by using a wire?

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
I see these have the dreaded electric choke on it. Seems to be a common issue on it. Test procedures may be in service manual I have attached

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so I got the starter relay fixed & restart button fixed. She is firing over but still will not start & run... any way to bypass the electric choke on that carburetor? Any other possible solutions? Bypass the kill switch maybe?

·
Registered
10,424 Posts

A company called choke solutions has a manual cable replacement for Cats but not for a 90.

·
Registered
87 Posts
So the starter is cranking engine over right? That progress. Glad to hear it.

For the engine to run, you need spark, compression, and a fuel/air mixture.

Crank it over a few times. Then pull the spark plug. Is it wet or dry?

If wet, air out the cylinder by cranking it over with the plug out a few rotations. Then leave the plug out for an hour or so to let all the fuel evaporate. Then, reinstall the plug and try again.

If dry, install the plug and then squirt a little carb cleaner or WD40 in the carb while cranking it with the starter. (do NOT use brake cleaner for this!) Does it fire, run briefly, and then shut off?

Try that and report back your results.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the post. I did that exact thing yesterday & was able to get it run for a few seconds using a small spray of starter fluid. Still couldnt get it to run on it's own but at least we are making progress & my daughter heard it run for the first time in about 5 years lol.
Now what to do next to get this thing going? Thanks again for all the help & getting me this far

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have my dads yamaha 350 grizzly that I got doing the same thing. So hoping to get them both running & going. I put a new carburetor on his

·
Registered
87 Posts
You have a carb problem then. You now know the engine is capable of running but isn't getting the right air/fuel mixture. You'll have to do a detailed cleaning of the carb and I'd buy a carb kit to replace the commonly replaced parts. You might not have reassembled it correctly or there may be a clog deep in the carb somewhere. Either way, the carb has to come off and be cleaned and ideally, parts replaced. Don't feel bad....welcome to the world of carburetors. They are a precision, highly technical device.......that really doesn't work all that great. But, once you understand how they work, they really are very simple.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Try to get the old carb running before you try a new carb. If you're willing to spend the money for a new OE carb, then just spring for the new one. However, try to avoid the chinese copy carbs that are for sale cheap on ebay and amazon. A cheap chinese carb actually might work...but they are hit and miss and might not. I always prefer the OE carb if at all possible.

·
Registered
87 Posts
One more thing to check before cleaning the carb...make sure you are getting fuel flowing from the tank to the carb. That's rarely an issue but a good idea to verify that before pulling the carb.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One more thing to check before cleaning the carb...make sure you are getting fuel flowing from the tank to the carb. That's rarely an issue but a good idea to verify that before pulling the carb.
Thanks for the help. I did clean the tanks & the petcocks & made sure I had good flow from the tanks to the carbs. I put a new carb on my dads 350 grizzly & I pulled & cleaned the carb on my daughters 90cc artic cat. It was actually really clean from the carbs I have messed with. (Motorcycle & lawn mowers & other 4 wheelers).
The jets where a little clogged & I cleaned them really good. Blew carb cleaner through all the ports & everything was really clean. I'm not good at adjusting the air/fuel mixture though so not sure if that may be a problem

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can anyone tell me what/where to get a rebuild kit for my 2005 90cc 4 stroke kehin carb??? And how much are they? I got it cleaned & it will start but not run. I want to go ahead & rebuild it. Thanks

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts