Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought sled, less than 500 miles. Drained old gas and replaced fuel pick up and fuel line in tank as sled hasn't run in 6 years. Would like to know best way to prime with new fuel.

·
Administrator
36,358 Posts
You need to post in the sled forums to get help. I have moved this for you.

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
You also have a blue canister behind intake which is your fuel filter. I would highly recommend getting a new one also. You never know what it’s like inside. Once you do that just turn key on until fuel pump quits. It’s usually 2-3 seconds but may be longer. Turn sled off and on a couple of times and then start sled.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You also have a blue canister behind intake which is your fuel filter. I would highly recommend getting a new one also. You never know what it’s like inside. Once you do that just turn key on until fuel pump quits. It’s usually 2-3 seconds but may be longer. Turn sled off and on a couple of times and then start sled.
pulled pipe off air intake to throttle body and squirted gas in. Runs till fuel burns up, then dies. Haven't replaced filter yet but not hearing anything at fuel pump when key is turned on. Does the pump normally make a noticeable sound?

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
Yes it does. It’s not loud and usually takes 2-3 seconds when you turn key on then it stops. There is a fuel pump relay that may be shot. Switch it with the headlamp relay to see if it’s defective. There also a second smaller wire on negative battery post. Make sure it’s connected. One year I forgot to connect it as it fell down behind battery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it does. It’s not loud and usually takes 2-3 seconds when you turn key on then it stops. There is a fuel pump relay that may be shot. Switch it with the headlamp relay to see if it’s defective. There also a second smaller wire on negative battery post. Make sure it’s connected. One year I forgot to connect it as it fell down behind battery.
thanks, I'll check it out tomorrow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts