Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 650 v2, I have a oddyseey pc 680 battery (1 yr old and in good shape). I run it throughout the winter and it sat for about a month and a half (April till mid June) ...went to start it and it was dead...lights on pod would light but it would not turn the starter motor at all. I couldn't even pull start the machine... this machine has never had an electrical issue since I bought it new in 05'. Something seems to be drawing power down and I do not know where to begin....any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
285 Posts
You really should have a DVOM ( digital volt ohm meter ) to check for a draw. You can use a 12 volt test light between a disconnected negative battery cable and the negative battery post and if you have a sufficent draw the test light will light. Leave the test light connected between the negative battery cable and the negative battery post and start removing the fuses from the fuse box one at a time. When the test light goes out when you pull a fuse you will know what circuit you draw is on. Then you will need to find the component on that circuit that is causing the draw.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Guess I should have added that even though you have the best battery available it doesn't hurt to put a Battery Tender Jr on your atv if even it is only going to be a couple of weeks between uses. I put my atv on the Battery Tender Jr after every ride as I never know how long it will be till I use it again. That is just me though. Cat happy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts