Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have something slipping/ making a hell of a racket in my quad, I suspected it was the wet clutch and tore into it, found almost all of the friction material worn off of it, just finnished replaceing all of that, started it up and let it run in neutral all was good, reved it up in neutral still good but as soon as i tried going forward or reverse its starts clunking and jumping. put it up on the hoist and in 2wd with the tires in the air, in gear, just abouve idle rpm it will drive fine for a bit then clunk and jam up, tires will stop spinning. let off the throttle and ease into it again it will drive again. Sprage clutch do this? As much as i dont want to but im thinking bevel gears though bang your head If thats the case anyone have a link to an 05 service manual that includes the trans section? Also i looked on the parts breakdown but cant find them in there? Thanks for all the help and input Not worthy:

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
if you take the clutch cover off you can see the bevel gears to see if they have teeth missing.. well on a manual you can not sure about the auto,,,

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No havent found the problem yet, going to tear out the engine out tommrow night. I just had the cover off when I did the wet clutch but wasnt looking into the transmission, thanks for the tip i will look into that. before i go too deep.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the engine off the bike and almost pulled apart. And it is the bevel gears bang your head On the auto you can not see them from the clutch cover, the only way to see them is once the pot is off you can look through the top and can just see the gears. I have one more question for those that have split the cases. What am i missing or are they stuck together that good? When the cases split which side to the transmission shafts stay with, the clutch side or the other?......hope my manual shows up soon Not worthy:

Thanks

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
there are bolts going threw from both sides,thats what got me for alittle bit.. after all the bolts are out it will split easy enough.. when you put new gears make sure you get them froze cryo froze.. i blew out 2 sets of bevel gears and had the new ones froze and now have had no issuses at all its well worth the money to get them done..
this is where i had mine done good people

www.diversifiedcryogenis.com

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got the cases apart tonight, i forgot one bolt that was hidden down inside a hole then after that it split easy. Found that The crank and most transmission gears stay with the clutch side case. Damages are the 2 gears and the rear portion of the shaft. Will take and post a short video tommrow.

GWC, your link is no good and I tried to google diversifiedcryogenis came up with http://www.diversifiedcryogenics.com this the one?

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
yeah thats the place looks like i forgot the c in cryogeniCs.. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts