Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I put 26" XTR's on mine with no problems, I have yet to find anything out in the woods that I cannot crawl over with it and no worrys about getting hung up, No need for a lift kit on a Cat they already have more ground clearance than anything else out there, and you don't want to go really big on tires on a 500 you loose too much power with them, I only noticed top end loss with 26" and gained an inch of ground clearance at that. Unless money is no object and you can afford to put snorkels and jets and pipe and clutch kit in I don't feel a lift is worth it myself. my .02 anyways

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of going 27" excavators, they run $550 with rims. You think they'd be too big and slowing me down? I'll take a look at the 26" and see.
I'm not getting hung up or anything, I just want to different from the others Cats in town!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I'm about to get one used myself. You have to watch for the tie rod rubbing the actuator and some people have issues with the left front axle pulling out. You are also putting extra angle on the cv's so you may end up with gorilla axles. Just something to keep in mind. I think I will only run mine in the spring and for mud bogs.

WC

·
Registered
295 Posts
don't waste your money on a lift kit. You bought the Arctic Cat for what it is put whatever frickin size tires you want. Your Cat doesn't need a lift kit to fit bigger tires like the other brands.

·
Registered
782 Posts
gotta watch the axles with the 1-2" lifts if you want an extra inch of clearance put 10 more lbs of air in the tires :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.