Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need more low end power!! what can i do to this bike? it is really a dog. it goes 55 to 60 mph on a straight but hit a little hill and down to 30mph and not enough power in high range to make steep hills and low is to slow and i get stuck< is there a inexpensive way to get more low end power, like a clutch kit and how much does it help? any suggestions would help. thanks

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
well for one it's only a 500 stock. for starters a aftermarket pipe and proper jetting will help with the power part, as for delievery might want to try just a tad stiffer secondary spring with stock tires to let the motor stay a bit further ahead of the trans and will backshift a bit quicker on hill climbs.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
What size tires are you running?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Listen, you have a problem with your bike... i'd fix the problem before you start looking for modifications.

I've got the same bike... in low, you shouldn't be going more then about 20 mph. What kind of getting stuck are you talking about? like it can't make it up the hill?, or the mud is too thick? Most obstacles I come across, i can get through in high range... it's already pretty torquy!

but in high, you should be able to hold 55mph going up a pretty steep hill. I'd be cleaning the carbs and checking the belt, to lose power like that doesn't make any sense!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
there are a few options that will make big power most are really simple installs jetting the carbs along with somthing like a k&n air filter also a cdi box and pipes if you can do this it will really help you can also add a clutch kit that will make instant power on the bottom end :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eros @ Jan 16 2007, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Listen, you have a problem with your bike... i'd fix the problem before you start looking for modifications.

I've got the same bike... in low, you shouldn't be going more then about 20 mph. What kind of getting stuck are you talking about? like it can't make it up the hill?, or the mud is too thick? Most obstacles I come across, i can get through in high range... it's already pretty torquy!

but in high, you should be able to hold 55mph going up a pretty steep hill. I'd be cleaning the carbs and checking the belt, to lose power like that doesn't make any sense!!!![/b]

Same here. Sounds like you have other issues than needing to do mods. If it is new check with the dealer. Other than that you may want to look at the belt and start there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts