Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up an 05 400 brand new out of the crate.......the problem i have found is that when I try and shift into neutral it just doesnt want to go..........either from R of L or H it just hangs...if I shut it off, it pops right in to Neutral.....Will call the dealer on Monday and get it in for an adjustment but wondered if anyone else had similar experiences...........Everytime it is off it goes right in, just not when it is running.......

·
Registered
81 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hollywood703 @ Jan 20 2007, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just picked up an 05 400 brand new out of the crate.......the problem i have found is that when I try and shift into neutral it just doesnt want to go..........either from R of L or H it just hangs...if I shut it off, it pops right in to Neutral.....Will call the dealer on Monday and get it in for an adjustment but wondered if anyone else had similar experiences...........Everytime it is off it goes right in, just not when it is running.......[/b]

You may want to try the "rock" mod ..... sometimes you need to rock it one way or the other front to back(specially being new) to get it to shift ... give it a try, might do the trick or you may have another issue :)

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
do you notice that it clanks when you put it into gear? if it does might want to lower the idle a tad but more than likely the shifter linkage needs adjusting like was mentioned.

·
Registered
947 Posts
probably to high an idle as mr bender said

1 - 4 of 4 Posts