Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new 05 400 TBX and to me it looks like the air filter is set up under the front rack, under a Black access, however the only way to take the access panel off is to remove the Rack? is this correct, or is there a quicker way...thanks

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
The airfilter should be in the main airbox under the seat. The airbox up front is just where the air enters then is routed to the true airbox with the fitler in it.
Heres a parts diagram that should help you thumbguy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that assembly doesnt appear to look like the air intake i have on mine.......thanks for the help though i will have to re-look at it

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hollywood703 @ Jan 11 2007, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
that assembly looks nothing like the air intake i have on mine.......thanks for the help though[/b]
Well that is interesting. The parts diagram I posted is for a 05 TBX 400. Whats it say in the owners manual, seem like an awful lot of work to just check/maintain the air filter. Not to mention the long intake track from the front rack (air filter area) to the carb. I dunno

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the chincy owners manual they give doeesnt give information worth a crap, it is a generic manual, and includes all 05 models.....but nothing that helps me learn where everything is......My intake assembly comes right down the front cowling and the tube looks more like the tube that in that picture, shows going into the carb intake.....I doubt the intake is a straight line (as shown in display) as it is high up, and if straight would interfere with the steering.

actually looking at it more, i bet the piece 17, the Ridged tube is what i am looking at at the front of the seat when i remove it, making the air filter in the section in front of the seat below the handle bars if that makes sense. I guess I need to get under it and follow it back to know for sure, but im almost certain there is no access box under the seat.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Under the handlebars, you will find two reusable plastic rivets (one on each side, part #13). Take these out and that allows you the ability to remove the "glove box" lid (part #s 15 and 17) and insert (part #16). Below this you will find the top cover to the air filter. Pop open four clips, remove the lid (#11 in GoFastCat's illustration) and you will see the air filter.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep thanks tore it apart when i got home......kinda stupid that they make the glove compartment so hard to get out with those tabs when they know you will have to get under there semi-frequently.....

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Yeah, those tabs I broke too (lid # 15)... Pain in the a$$.... You would think they'd come up with something a little easier, especially when you got to get it off in the cold... CRACK...! Anyone else have this problem? any suggestions? THX

·
Registered
81 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (johnny1313 @ Jan 20 2007, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah, those tabs I broke too (lid # 15)... Pain in the a$$.... You would think they'd come up with something a little easier, especially when you got to get it off in the cold... CRACK...! Anyone else have this problem? any suggestions? THX[/b]

The only good thing I can say about them is you can usually pick them up at Canadian Tire or similar store .. keep a bag of them in the garage just in case :(

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
No I think your thinking of a different tab. These tabs you can't put back on unless you got some fantastic super glue. There the two small hook tabs that slide into the slots on the bike, once you break them (easy) off thats it, there done. They can't be put back on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts