Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently picked up an 04 ZR900 EFI and was looking for some performance parts. Seems they stopped making stuff for these. Any one have anything they don't use anymore? Would like a set of twins and maybe shaved heads. Thanks sorry if this is in wrong fourm.

·
Registered
76 Posts
parts

They run very good when dialed in. Best bang for the $$ is a timing key from speedwerx and then dial in the clutching. Always run premium fuel with key.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buckshot thanks for the info. Now will that work with the EFI sleds? I've read mixed reviews on timing keys. Its tougher then I thought to build one of these. I have a set of D&D twins but it's next to impossible to find a boondocker. I ended up with a speedworx fat daddy instead. I need to figure out what clutching I need to run with that pipe. I can't get non ethanol fuel easily around me so I worry about that too.

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
parts

clutch it to your pipe to get best increase in power to the snow.

i do have speedwerx and rkt heads if you want .
i have high flow y pipe.
used slp pipe.

i had d&d twins snow and clutching need to be spot on.
the single is more trail friendly.

the speedwerx fatty daddy was good for speed runs.

you being efi i would try to find a tuner to piggyback it if you go with the twins

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Auburn thank you for the information. I will send you a PM on the heads. I wish I could afford that big bore! I want to keep it stockish. I like the sleeper look. Main reason I'm looking to mod at all is I want to be able to beat some XCR800s. My cousin and uncle have 3 between them. Ones a mod sled the other has been worked over and ones a strong running stock set up. They haven't been beaten yet even by a Tcat. Hopefully that's about to change.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just recently picked up an 04 ZR900 EFI and was looking for some performance parts. Seems they stopped making stuff for these. Any one have anything they don't use anymore? Would like a set of twins and maybe shaved heads. Thanks sorry if this is in wrong fourm.
I have a set of cylinders and pistons, just refinished by millennium and never run.
Cylinders are ported

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
only sleds that ever worked with twin pipes are non power valve 600's and 500's or drag sleds that live at top end

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tomcat what are they? Stock with just a port job? Guudasitgets Yeah Definitely gonna sell the twins I think. Offset the cost of the single pipe.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tomcat what are they? Stock with just a port job? Guudasitgets Yeah Definitely gonna sell the twins I think. Offset the cost of the single pipe.
stock bore, fully ported. i had the cylinders re finished by millenium and have new Pro X pistons to go with them.
they are in perfect condition and nothing has been bolted on since coming back from millenium

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tomcat looking good! What would you be looking for price wise? Thanks?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tomcat looking good! What would you be looking for price wise? Thanks?
Based on what im seeing non ported cylinders go for on ebay, i think $1000 is about right.
The porting was done by SLP, just for reference. Combined with their single pipe and some other mods, we made 178hp at dynotech on these, on pump gas.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tomcat wow. Unfortunately my motor is running strong right now. I will keep you in mind if/when I blow it up haha. If you still have them then maybe we can talk. Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tomcat wow. Unfortunately my motor is running strong right now. I will keep you in mind if/when I blow it up haha. If you still have them then maybe we can talk. Thanks!
feel free to make me an offer for what you're willing to pay, worst that can happen is i say no. PM me if you want

1 - 15 of 15 Posts