Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '04 700 Sabercat LX which when I bought it, it had 6,650 miles and a bad pto piston and cylnder. I completely rebuilt the motor new crank seals, water pump and everything. I have now put about 150 miles on the sled and it is running quite well. The only issue is when I periodically check the sled over while riding I notice the coolant is slowly dropping, I always carry a 20 oz bottle with antifreeze with me and keep it topped off.

Could it be either head "O" rings, one is pinched or my coolant bottle cap is allowing the pressure to blow it out the overflow tube. Hopefully it is not the water pump leaking out of the small hole under the sled. I plan on taking off my belly pan and run the sled to check for a leak there, hopefully it is not, but what else could it be?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an 04 Firecat and I was having the same thing happen to me late last winter....I cleaned it up and put it on the trailer and when I got it out for the winter my coolant bottle was empty! I couldn't figure out where it was going at first, I filled it up and ran it around and it wasn't coming out....I was checking my hoses and found that there is a small hose that runs under the motor and it had a small leak, since it was rubbing on the bottom of the motor. Look down by your recoil cover, where the hose comes out of the heat exchanger. When I picked up the new hose the service manager told me the hose was shortened because of this and it should have been done as a service recall.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have read about the hoses being rubbed through. When I reinstalled my motor I could see where the previous rub marks were and I checked my hoses and replaced the ones with thin spots. I also put pieces of flexible plastic electical wire conduit on the hoses by the previous wear spots. On my coolant bottle the threads look messed up and might not allow my cap to seat very well, this could have been the cause of the previous owner's issue on the pto cylinder. But if I missed a bad spot on one of my hoses, I should be able to find it with belly pan off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts