Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done some looking around for a tall seat upgrade for my 04 f7. I have found lots of talk about eBay sellers in the past selling the foam and taller cover for a diy kit but I can’t find anything know. The boss seat looks great but not in the budget. My question is does anyone know of any sellers doing the foam and cover kit or can give me some direction on where to obtain the foam? I can purchase some vinyl and put my sewing skills to the test if I have to but I was looking for so,e reasonable cost diy kit. Thanks.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have done some looking around for a tall seat upgrade for my 04 f7. I have found lots of talk about eBay sellers in the past selling the foam and taller cover for a diy kit but I can’t find anything know. The boss seat looks great but not in the budget. My question is does anyone know of any sellers doing the foam and cover kit or can give me some direction on where to obtain the foam? I can purchase some vinyl and put my sewing skills to the test if I have to but I was looking for so,e reasonable cost diy kit. Thanks.
I realize this isn’t what your asking but what about a 05 seat? I do knw they are also expensive but it would Work and it’s factory too! I have a old 03 seat but it’s just the foam part, but I myself never really liked those 03/04 seats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn’t realize they were different. What is the height on those compared to 03/04? I am 6’3” and I think 3.5-4 inches higher would be ideal.

·
Registered
617 Posts
the 05/06 are a good 2 inches higher then the 03/04. I like it and I’m only 5’8” but have 6 inch bar risers, I like standing up.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Build your own, I mashed a 440 snow pro seat with the tank mounting portion of a stock F7 seat. Cost me about half of a boss seat and sits near level with the top of the gas cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks great Brendon L. What did you have to do to modify the 440 seat?

Thanks guys! I don’t have any pictures on this current phone but I basically cut the two in half. The 440 seat has a gear clamp that fastened around the top of the tank. I cut that portion out and epoxied the bottom portion of a stock F7 seat so that it could slide under the F7 tank. Once that was complete I shaped the 440 foam to conform around the new tank and wrapped it in leather. I had to use an old set of Tundra handle bars to make the rear seat support as I was able to find a 440 seat for $80 without the stock rear 440 support.

Will post pics of how I did it when I have access to the pics from my old phone. Still waiting to paint the support as I am getting rid of the stock tail light and will be mounting a small LED to the seat brace.

Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks guys! I don’t have any pictures on this current phone but I basically cut the two in half. The 440 seat has a gear clamp that fastened around the top of the tank. I cut that portion out and epoxied the bottom portion of a stock F7 seat so that it could slide under the F7 tank. Once that was complete I shaped the 440 foam to conform around the new tank and wrapped it in leather. I had to use an old set of Tundra handle bars to make the rear seat support as I was able to find a 440 seat for $80 without the stock rear 440 support.

Will post pics of how I did it when I have access to the pics from my old phone. Still waiting to paint the support as I am getting rid of the stock tail light and will be mounting a small LED to the seat brace.

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts