Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a firecat 700 Sp with 3400 miles, the guy wants $2700 for is, doesn't look all banged up, my question is is there any problems to watch out for or things to check for before buying it?

Marc

·
Registered
86 Posts
If it is an 03' check the rails for egged out spots around the suspension... Check the bulkhead for cracks or any where... Look under the tunnel for any bending spots or any unusual wear... Check for excessive wear on the stearing... if the update has been done it should be perty tight... if not get it done soon... Also find out if the oil tank update has been done because it is best to know how much oil you have left in your tank when your light starts flashing... i still have the old one where i can run about a tank and a half before she is about bone dry...... just research what year it is... check compression, clutchs, bogie wheels over well... about that time rings clutch weights bushings rollers and so on should all be replaced...

if you come across another deal like that let me know hahah always looking for good deals
what color is it???? red, black,green, orange... gotta love them all

:sledder:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have an 04 sp...biggest issue I have had is clutching....check primary for wear...but once it is set up it rips. Secondly check where the back of the skid rivits to the tunnel...I have replaced all my rivits on the back half of the skid mount.

Other than that it is a good sled for that price....you maybe surprised has fast it will go if you set it up right.

I'll have to say it again ..clutching.. clutching. .clutching is key on this sled.

good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts