Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a 04 f7 nice shape low miles. has clucth kit in it i was installing a d and d secondary belt deflection adjuster and just realized this machine has a 020 belt on it. and the spare one on it is a 020. to my knowledge it should be a 034 belt any ideas why it has a 020 on it

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Usually, F7 comes with either 020 or 031 from my experience. Rarely, I seen people mention that they use belts other than these two I previously mentioned. 020 have a softer compound and shorter lifespan while 031's stiffer (kevlar) and longer lifespan. Hope this helps.

I've read one post here that several belts come in just about the same sizes in length and width but a few fractions +/- off. Hey, I'm still learning and reading these days. This site helps you out alot when you need to know the Q&A's on the Firecats. :thumbsup:

AB :site:

·
Registered
75 Posts
020 is a softer belt. You said it has one on it and one for a spare, that tells me the guy has it (clutches) set up for the 020 belt. My guess is it will rock, the 020 belt is a good belt for mph. Leave it on and see how it works, if you are blowing belts all the time get a 031.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.