Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took the sled for a 105 mile rip this past weekend. wow sweet!!!! fast and smooth, other than an iffy midrange and not getting above 7640 rpms. whats the engagement for an 04 f7 sp carb for the valves? it pulls hard to mid to upper nineties still has more but i run out of room. im taking off the 020 belt for the 031 in hopes that gets me to 7840 but if not, i think it could be valves. no codes or check engine lights just something i noticed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I rode my 03 f7 in some higher elevations last winter which caused the RPM's to drop below power valve engagement...trust me, you'll know if they arent opening. I think its right around 7000, but if you do a search on here you should be able to find it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i heard 7600 for the 04 f7 carb. but sometimes it only gets 75ish but its always 7500-7640, usually in the 76 range. which makes me think the belt....031 is stock...020 different setup. requires different clutching, im wondering if the previous owner threw on 020 and no new clutching. 031 should get me 200rpms or so back. im starting with the belt, but if not, its got to be in the valves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts