Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search but not too many responses to previous related posts. Was riding a couple of weeks ago, oil light started blinking before it came on solid. I checked my oil to find it was pretty much 2/3s full. Filled it up anyways and it seemed to sort itself out. Today was riding and the light came on steady, I topped up my oil before we set off this morning and we hadnt put on more than 30 miles when it came on. Stopped for lunch and it didnt come on again. Oil level is dropping (normal consumption) and there is no oil in the belly. I read in another post that came up in the search that the oil gauge can come loose. I think it could be a sensor but where do I find the sensor/guage to check?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me last year the sensor is on the right hand side of the oil reservoir (while facing the sled) you’ll have to suck the oil out of the tank and remove the exhaust. The sensor just pops off it works like a gas gauge a float on a twisted piece of metal if. I found that mine was sticking a bit. I just cleaned it so that it would move freely again, also clean where the actual sensor slides into the top of the hole unit (you’ll see when you take it apart) and then checked it with a multimeter to make sure it was working then popped it back on and has been fine since hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
Does your sled have the "updated" sensor? Cat sent new sensors to the sled owners with instructions on how to install them.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tx for the replies guys. T-cat, will check with the dealer to see if the update was done. Camer, that is where I thought it was but tx for taking the time to attach the pic. Will definitely pull it apart and have a look. :beer_cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts