Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys iam about to write a book here so I want to apologize first so here’s my story,
I bought a 04 f7 EFI with some a-arm and some hood damage ( looks like a slap from a tree)
The guy I got it from said he bought it to fix and then lost interest and knew nothing about it so it seemed fishy from the start,
from the looks of it the top cap were it say 700 and the bottom part of the motor were the crank would be and the power valves are all the same color (what I mean is there weathered aluminum) but the jugs look to be brand new
What iam getting at is that is dose not sound like a 700 and doesn’t seem to have the power of a 700
So my question is could someone have slapped f5 or f6 jugs and pistons on and use the old bottom end and heads and power valves and called it a day and sold it or would it not run rite please let me know iam going nuts thinking I got screwed

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Its either a 600 or a 700, but no way its a 5'r. It seems like it would have been more work to defraud you by making it 600cc's and milling a 700 head. Or perhaps you have a 7'r head on 6'r juggs/pistons?? You can look in between the cylinders, and there will be some numbers cast into the mag side jugg. You can barely see it, but it should either say 599cc or 699cc.

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
well, if they're not factory, you've got some BB juggs or something billet. Doubt someones going to go thru the trouble to F you over with $$ aftermarket goodies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts