Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I got a 04 F7 ext with the 144" 1.5(dealer install) track that I wrecked last week out in WY. Sled only has 1030 miles on it, insurance company comming tommarrow to look at. The bulk head is twisted, basically its totaled. Anyway I was wondering what it would be worth in a buy back fromm the insurance company and if it was worth it to part it out on ebay. Motor, track,tunnel, bassically everything except the bulk head, lower left A arm, and clutches are savagable. Oh and the hood has a crack on the bottom of the left front air hole, you know that 1/4 inch of plastic, still useable if someone totally screwed up their hood.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Let me know if you are gonna part it out, I need new slide rails. Is yours a snopro?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I would say that you can part that sled out for a pretty good chunk of change. Motors can go for as much as $1000 tracks for $300 or so, other parts for at least $100-$200. If you have the patience to sit on the stuff until it sells, and don't need the money, I bet you could make a lot more than your money back. It is winding down to the end of the year though and stuff sells a lot better in the fall and winter. Its up to you dude.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Buddy crashed his 05F7 with 1000 miles on it last year. Ins co totaled it. We think with some minor bulkhead tapping and new PTO side A-arms it should be good to go again. He paid $2500 for it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wrecked my 04 ext out 2 years ago. It hit a tree dead center right between the skis so most of the front end was damaged. Hard to say about the engine. Insurance company gave me 6400 for it and offered me the chance to buy it back for 2300. I sent it down the road. Maybe I could have got 2300 parting it out if the engine was still good but it wasn't worth it to me at the time. The rear end was all good yet so there were usable parts on it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
that sucks dude, but if you decide to part out i also have(just got) 04f7ext and would be interested in some spare parts. what color is it, and efi or carb???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If they want that much for it in a buy back I'm not gunna mess with it. Thanks for all the info. BTW its red EFI

1 - 7 of 7 Posts