Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 F7 EFI with 3,000 miles on it and completely stock. When riding the sled down the trail or just starting out and pinch the throttle it will stutter and I have to let off the throttle to get up to speed. I changed the spark plugs and it seemed to help it, but after 100 miles it was doing the same thing. Someone told me to change the caps on the wires as it was probably arcing on the left spark plug near the clutch as there was some carbon build up on it. I did change both caps and there was no difference in how it ran. It only seemed to do it after riding a few miles and seemed to be fine cold, however changing the caps didn't do anything for it, even cold. When I changed the plugs the right one was black and the left one was tan. I have not changed the plugs with 100 miles on yet as I wanted to hear what everyone has to say. I run heet in the gas for the moisture so I wouldn't think that would be the problem.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am now at 4500 miles and the stutter/low end bog just got worse last night to the point that it was just running on one cylinder or wouldn't shift. I had the ECU reprogrammed before the season to try and rectify the problem and that didn't make one bit of difference. It still had the previous issue that I had at 3000 miles. I changed the plugs on the trail last night and seemed to make a difference right a way. As the machine warmed back up (15 miles) it just got gradually worse to where I couldn't get above 45 mph. Called a friend to come pick me up.
Please help.
Jeff

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
wow sucks to be you.. I'm not a pro but it sounds like something is warming up then not working properly?? maybee you have a bad cylinder on one side wich would explain the difference in plug color?? compression test?? or stator maybee? Gotta help Jeff out guys !!

I also run an 04 F7 efi and i like seenig them all run hard!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had a similar problem with my F6, it would cut in on one cylinder when I would pin it. Also if i let it warm up to long it would kill one of my plugs, my problem was my oil pump. I was getting too much oil, once I turned down my oil pump a few turns it worked perfect ever since. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a similar problem with an 95 wildcat efi, turned out that it had a bad ground wire for the ecu....make sure your grounds are good and your connections are good

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
power valve cables good? not off the cams or pre opening? little plastic piece covering them to the left of steering stem under hood when sitting on machine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had turned down my oil one turn a long time ago after I first got the sled and I purchased the sled new.
My APV cables are at 1 7/16 in. and I just checked them this morning and cleaned them. They were fine and not sticking.
My belt deflection looks to be 1 1/4 in. Could this be a problem?

Thanks for you speedy replies,
Jeff

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Took the machine to the dealer and he rode it and thinks the valves aren't opening up. I know when I cleaned the valves I could rotate the motor by hand. My cable length was 1 7/16 in.
Where can I get an inexpensive servo motor if this is the problem?
Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts