Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just wanted to see what everyone else's top speeds are. I had a 2001 Thundercat which was great on the lakes, but I do know that my F7 will not have the same top end speed. My sled is an '04 F7 efi Sno-Pro and has less than 3,000 miles on it. I haven't done any mods to it, I've only had it for a month, but it already had some stuff done. 172 pics up the middle, 4th wheel kit, V-Force Reeds, D&D bulls eye are intakes, and D&D y-pipe. The lakes were pretty fast this weekend, just got home, but the fastest I saw was 99 mph. Usually I only see in between 90 and 95. Should it be faster???? I bought it from a guy in NY. It was his girlfriends sled and she only put about 250 miles on it. It was a little too big for her to handle and I think she wanted something with reverse and electric start. He bought it off the owner of his local arctic cat dealer. That guy did all the mods to it and did all the recalls and updates. I don't think it has a clutch kit in it....maybe someone changed out the gears for more low end and midrange??? It is a rocket out of the whole, but lacks a little in the top end. If anyone has any input, please chime in. Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
My dad has a 05 EFI Sno Pro Firecat 600 and i was driving it down the gravel road (it had snow on it) and I had it going 112 MPH so I'm thinking that yours is set up for low end like you said

·
Registered
695 Posts
my cougar 550 did 90 ish on the lakes, my 800 burries the needle past 100 in no time

i would say something is wrong

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have an 03 F7 with the sno-pro track and 170 studs and I can tip the speedo at right around 102. Before I put the studs in I was around 108 and when I had the 1" track it would go 114. The track and studs adds a lot of rotating mass. I didn't notice much of a performance change except for top speed and I sure can get more traction now than I used to. When you really think about it, not much riding is done above 85 mph so anything above that is a bonus. I can still cruise at 85 at half throttle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.