Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning Everyone,

I need some help related to the drive belt on my '04 F7 EFI Standard. I have roughly 2,500 miles on the sled with the original belt still on it. I believe it's an 035 (would've helped to double check before I came to work today) with no visible nicks/cuts/obvious wear. I'm noticing what seems to be some power loss this year and I'm not getting the top end I'm used to.

Here's my questions:
1. What is the expected life of this belt with the Kevlar in it?

2. If I change it out, (which I hear is not as easy as it was on my ZR) how should I prep the new belt before installing on the sled?

3. Do you have any recommendations as far as belt number or type/brand?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Ridegreen:

·
Registered
243 Posts
2500 miles is alot of miles for a belt [IMO] Your belt should be an 031, 035 is an 05 belt.I have an 04 700 Sabercat[031 belt] and an 05 700 Firecat[035 belt].I change mine at the begining of every riding season. I don't do anything special except I try not to pound on it the first 100 miles.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Some guys recommend washing a new belt in soap and water before using it. Dish soap is supposed to be ok to use for this. The 031 belt was stock in 04. Peace, beeler.

·
Registered
514 Posts
ACETONE on a rag works good too, lightly wipe down the edges of the belt, acetone leaves NO residue and will clean off any oil grease or wax. After 2000 miles I finaly changed mile belt and wow there is the power and speed I was missing when it was new, I will be changing belts every season from now on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback. I'll definitely be changing the belt with the new one when I get home tonight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.