Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have an 04 F6 EFI with 102 picks. When you put it to the handlebars from a dead stop, the engine revs up to about 6500rpm and kind of hums and haws and then a second or 2 later it revs up in the 7000rpm range and basically pulls your arms off till 100mph. New belt, Belt deflection good. I am running roughly 35:1 on oil....is this a clutch issue or more of an engine bog?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
288 Posts
It could be the studs wanting to stay planted. When you pin it those studs are dug in and just want to stay in. So its just too much weight on the stock belt. You should upgrade to a high performance belt with more grip.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sounds to me like your powervalves are either stuck or not working. I'd check them. They need to open up to hit max RPM. 7000 RPM is not right for that sled.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
make sure the belt deflection is tight enough.. for the heck of it, see if you can throw a friends 020 belt on just for 2 minutes, and try it.. if its fine, its probably only that you need to remove a thin shim from the middle of the secondary clutch.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put on a new Ultimax3 and its sooo tight it squeal like a pig at idle after you rode for a min or 2...its too tight. Going from an old 031 to the new belt made very little difference. Don't get me wrong the sled revs out at 7800rpm, but when you nail it, it revs to 6500 then hesitates there for a bit then rapidly climbs to 7800rpm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts