Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
37,126 Posts

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
If you have deep pockets, Speedwerx has a nice shiny stainless muffler, but doorfx's mod works great. I've actually gutted some Cat and 1 Polaris muffler, every time they ran and sounded better! The Polaris actually stopped catching fire, after gutting, haha. I believe welding a larger exhaust tip will make it sound deeper, my Diesel Cat sounds awesome, after gutting and a big diameter tip. sounds a bit like a Harley!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Unfortunately in my area, we don't have any atv salvage yards.
But I'd like to get my hands on a suitable muffler to perform the "mod" on properly.
This way if it didn't work or I just didn't like it, I could go back to stock.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info guys. it's a new to me quad so I'm looking for just about any upgrade or mod. Gonna be pulling the clutches to send to airdam later this week.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Think it’s the same Suzuki motor I have in my 07. I run a penland race pipe carb jetted k&n filter with snorkel. Definitely made a difference over stock. Everyone complains about riding behind me but I think I’m cool

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sent my clutches to Adam for stage 1 and 2 with lighter rollers and new secondary spring. can the 04 500 diff gears be changed?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts