Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i dont own an arctic cat but my boss does. He got it and it was pretty rough. It leaked fuel out of the carb farthest away from the fuel inlet line.. Ive taken this thing apart 8 times and cleaned the crap out of them. I replaced the float needles. NOW! Intermittently this thing will leak at idle, and only the one carb. Here is the weird thing, the stock specs for float height werent even close for these, i had to raise them almost 1mm higher to get them to stop leaking and i had to play with the "magic number" MULTIPLE times. Also, fuel screws had to be 1 1/2 turn out from seated instead of the 2 1/4. The damn thing runs fine, its just sometimes it leaks, sometimes it doesnt. Im not sure if the fuel pump is putting out too much pressure intermittently or not? Ive disconnected it and put my finger on the end and it stops fueling. I just know its driving me crazy! I have experience with carbs because i own 2 Yamaha raptor 660s that ive jetted numerous times and cleaned a ton as well. Ive literally watched him fire it up and it started leaking, shut it down, fired it back up and it stopped.... Any clue? I have the FSM, thats the very first thing i did when i worked on this thing 2 months ago.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.