Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever removed the clutch assembly with the big spring. I want to take that assembly to the local mechanic and change the spring. Yall let me know if yall undertstand what I am talking about.
Thanks Guys

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes, it is the spring on the secondary (one to the back). You are supposed to use a spanner wrench, turn it half a turn (counterclockwise), then use a spring compressor on it, then finish removing the nut. I didn't have the wrench and with using other tools I couldn't budge it. I brought it to the dealer to swap out the spring...cost me $20.

·
Registered
116 Posts
uh...hun? Dunno what alphsport is. This clutch kit came from HighLifter, made by EPI...had the internal primary clutch springs, weights, and secondary spring. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
alphasports.com , parts breakdown.
a kit (around 100 dollars) i believe comes with the little springs (inside motor for wet clutch enguagement) and secondary spring, don't know about rollers. you can order just the secondary spring by it self.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am just wondering how to remove the pulley assembly so I can take it to the mechanic so he can change the spring for me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I guess the '06 500 auto is different than your '04 400 auto. Her secondary was just held on by a nut...removed the nut and it slipped right off. The primary was also held by a nut...took the nut off, then the part that has the weights slipped off, then the other plate. Drained the oil, then removed the inner clutch housing cover to get to the inner primary clutch springs.

I'm not sure, but check...the manual in the sticky post above might give you some insight. Also, calling a dealer and speaking with a mechanic (if they give them the phone) would be easy too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kevinbender0311 @ Jan 24 2007, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
a kit (around 100 dollars) i believe comes with the little springs (inside motor for wet clutch enguagement) and secondary spring, don't know about rollers. you can order just the secondary spring by it self.[/b]

Thank you. Do I need to get a seal also?

·
Registered
81 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stihl @ Jan 24 2007, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kevinbender0311 @ Jan 24 2007, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a kit (around 100 dollars) i believe comes with the little springs (inside motor for wet clutch enguagement) and secondary spring, don't know about rollers. you can order just the secondary spring by it self.[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Is that Elmira, Ontario? ...try here, same Cat parts layout but they're in Canada .. save you customs or brokerage fees :) http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/Parts/ATV/

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
well on my old 04 400 auto i just walked the belt off, took one center bolt off (can't remember if standard thread or reverse thread) and with a few tapps with a rubber hammer came right off, no seal. put a light coating of grease on the shaft before you reinstall to make it easier next time you take off.

·
Registered
60 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JandJsTA @ Jan 24 2007, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stihl @ Jan 24 2007, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kevinbender0311 @ Jan 24 2007, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Is that Elmira, Ontario? ...try here, same Cat parts layout but they're in Canada .. save you customs or brokerage fees :) http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/Parts/ATV/
[/b][/quote]

It is not Elmira , Ontario.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.